Health and medications

Do I need to take any vaccines?

On the Ministry of Health website - in the "GUIDELINES ON DISORDERS"  section - it is possible to consult relevant information about vaccines required for entry into countries, as well as identify what are the official guidelines to prepare for your trip in a safe manner and in compliance with the public health protocols.

The International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (CIVP) is the official document that proves immunization and can be issued online through the service available on the website - in the Health and Health Surveillance section. By accessing the website you can start issuing your CIVP and also consult the list of countries that require this certification.

What should I do if I get sick during the flight?

If you become ill on board the aircraft, notify the cabin crew, who will take the necessary steps and alert the health services at your destination.
On flights lasting more than four hours, prolonged immobility increases the risk of venous thrombosis. Therefore, try to exercise every two or three hours. If you are at a high risk for this condition, remember to see a doctor.

What should I do if I get sick after returning from the trip?

After returning from the trip, if you have a fever or other symptoms such as diarrhea, skin problems, or respiratory issues, seek immediate medical attention and inform them of the regions you visited.

What precautions do I need to take upon arrival at my destination?

Always be aware of the safety and quality of what you consume or offer to children, so as to avoid health problems associated with contaminated food or water.

Some species of birds and mammals can also transmit infectious diseases, even in urban areas. Therefore, avoid close contact with live or dead birds.
If you are bitten by domestic or wild mammals, immediately wash the affected area with soap and water and seek medical attention.

New influenza viruses circulate each year, which is why vaccination is annual. Eating well, adopting healthy and hygienic habits, and avoiding stress are the most effective forms of prevention.

Are there any rules for the transport of medicinal or hygiene articles?

For domestic flights, aerosols and atomizers are not allowed in carry-on baggage, except for medical or personal hygiene use, as long as the quantity does not exceed four containers per person and the content in each container is less than 300ml or 300g.
For international flights, it is prohibited to carry any liquids and gels in carry-on baggage if they are in containers larger than 100ml. 

Additionally, the maximum limit of liquids should be stored in a transparent plastic bag that can be closed, with a capacity of no more than 1 liter. All liquids and gels must be placed in the plastic bag, which should be presented to the security officer during inspection.

Please check the rules on the website of the National Civil Aviation Agency.

Can I board with continuous use medications, such as insulin, on an international flight?

Medications that need to be carried in carry-on baggage on international flights are not subject to the liquid restrictions. However, it is important to observe some rules. A medical prescription may be requested, which should include the passenger's name to confirm the use of the medication.

In addition, the medication must be presented during the security inspection and carried in the necessary quantity for use during the flight and any layovers.
Please check the rules on the website of the National Civil Aviation Agency.